The Worm Factory is a multi-tray worm composter that uses red wiggler worms to enhance compost while speeding up the process. Fill each stacking tray with food scraps, junk mail and other household and garden waste. Worms start in the bottom tray and migrate upward as they break down the waste. This allows worms to separate themselves from the finished compost making it easy to add nutrient-rich fertilizer to plants and gardens without sorting worms. Additionally, nutrient-rich moisture is captured in the collection tray and can be drained as liquid fertilizer known as “worm tea”.
The 16 page instruction manual makes set up easy and gives detailed instructions on how to manage an odorless bin year round, indoors and outdoors. It’s made with recycled and food grade plastics and is manufactured in the U.S.A. Includes shredded paper and 1 coir brick.
Dimensions: 16" x 16" x 21"
How does The Worm Factory work?
The Worm Factory automatically separates food scraps from finished compost. The Worm Factory is easy to set up and easy to use. Simply fill the bottom tray with red wiggler worms, bedding and food scraps. Place the lid inside the top tray to provide light cover with proper ventilation. As the worms finish digesting, they will migrate upward into the tray above, leaving rich castings behind. The liquid created from the worm castings can be effortlessly drained as liquid fertilizer, also known as worm tea, from the easy-to-use spigot. It couldn’t be easier or cleaner. The lid also provides proper ventilation so there are no unpleasant odors. Because it’s clean, mess free, and odor free, composting with The Worm Factory makes it possible to be placed indoors or outdoors for home owners and apartment dwellers alike. In full operation, the Worm Factory houses 10,000 to 12,000 worms, consumes 5 to 8 pounds of food a week, allowing you to harvest a full tray of nutrient rich castings every month.
Each Worm Factory comes with simple but detailed instructions to help you get started. The Worm Factory is made in the U.S.A., constructed from high quality recycled plastic, comes in two colors (black or terracotta) with a limited 5 year warranty on materials and workmanship.
• Year Round Production
• Odor Free Operation
• Expandable with 1, 3, 4, or 5 Trays
• Easy to Assemble and Manage
• Ventilation Lid with Tips
• Can house 8 to 12 thousand worms that consume 5-8 lbs of food per week
• 5 year warranty on parts and workmanship
• The Worm Factory is made in the U.S.A.
• Includes a 16 page instructional booklet with pictures.
• Built-in worm tea collector tray and spigot for easy draining
• Measures 16" x 16" x 21" for a 3 tray system, 3.5" higher for each tray added
• Made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic
• Weighs 15lb with 3 trays
• Operational in temperatures between 45 and 85 degrees
• Colors: Black and Terracotta